Who We Are
AroMed is a woman-owned business founded by Lauren Andrews, a registered nurse, clinical aromatherapist, and a graduate of University of Vermont’s Cannabis Science and Medicine Certification Program. Lauren previously served as a nurse at the Inpatient Psychiatry Unit at Central Vermont Medical Center in Berlin, Vermont and at the Vermont State Hospital, roles which clarified her desire to expand alternative treatments for relieving symptoms of chronic pain, stress-induced illness, and mental health. The growing body of scientific evidence supporting the use of plant medicine in clinical trials inspired Lauren to launch AroMed in 2013 as a way to introduce holistic health and well-being to a wider audience.
AroMed staff are committed to the company’s culture of compassionate care and mission to embrace the power of therapeutic plants to support the health and well-being of customers, employees, community, and the Earth. Each member of the AroMed team operate holistic health and wellness practices of their own, all of which compliment AroMed’s culture and mission. Together, the AroMed staff strive to ensure the integrity of relationships across the supply chain by sustainably and ethically sourcing products, supplies, and services.
How We Work
AroMed handcrafts therapeutic plant synergies by infusing CBD and essential oils with healing herbs at their production facility in Montpelier, Vermont. These synergies, along with organically grown Vermont hemp and aromatherapy essential oils, are sold at the AroMed Online Store and at store locations in Vermont and New Hampshire. AroMed staff are skilled at educating customers with discretion and compassion about the implications of CBD and essential oils to address common health concerns, chronic illness, stress reduction, and overall wellness.
AroMed customers are people often suffering from physical and emotional pain, people who are proactively managing their health and wellness as they approach and navigate middle age, and people who want to care for their wellness in a way that respects the plant medicine provided by the Earth. AroMed staff are committed to treating people with respect, kindness, compassion, and safety to help empower customers and potential customers to make decisions with clarity and confidence.
AroMed is expanding their accessibility to reach more people with their new online store supported by live customer service during retail store business hours, seven days a week.
At AroMed, we embrace the power of therapeutic plants to enhance the vitality of our customers, employees, community, and planet.
- We value compassionate care and restoring harmony in our bodies through deeper connectivity with plant medicine.
- We value educating customers by offering evidence based knowledge so they can make informed decisions with clarity and confidence.
- We value the integrity of our relationships with each other as staff, with our customers, our community, and the planet.
- We value treating people with respect, kindness, compassion, and safety.
- We value deepening our roots in the community and strengthening relationships in the supply chain.
- We value fostering a supportive and loving energy in which our intention is to address and resolve issues efficiently, and with empathy, so we can honor our commitment to compassionate care.
- We value a safe work environment that accommodates for personal needs and encourages professional development.
- We value re-establishing our ancestral relationship with Mother Earth, and helping to re-awaken and/or deepen an appreciation for plant medicine.